Last week 23 more companies signed up for the 2017 GSP Supporter List (see graphic below). The companies are headquartered in 12 states and 23 different congressional districts. Nearly all are small businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
NOTE: Tariffs on GSP-eligible may increase on January 1. Show Congress that GSP renewal is important to your organization by joining the GSP Supporter List here today. Sign up is free.
The companies reported importing from 7 GSP countries and exporting to at least 18 countries around the world. (Some reported whole regions such as “Asia” as opposed to individual countries.) About half of the companies export some of their GSP-eligible products.
For example, GSP saved Labo America in Fremont, California about $100,000 in 2016. The 10-person company not only imports microscopes from India, it exports to GSP beneficiary countries such as Brazil and Sri Lanka, FTA partners including Mexico and Peru, and other countries including Japan, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
GSP saved Samick Music Corporation in Gallatin, Tennessee (just outside of Nashville) about $130,000 in 2016. The company’s 14,000-square foot headquarters and 200,000-square foot warehouse are used for piano manufacturing as well as piano and guitar warehousing and servicing. Samick imports guitars and pianos from Indonesia under GSP and exports pianos from Tennessee to China, Germany, Indonesia, and Japan.GSP expiration is exactly 8 months away. If you import under GSP, please join our GSP Supporter List and help us build the case for GSP renewal. There are no costs associated with joining the list.
GSP Supporter List companies added the week of April 24, 2017:
- American Omni Trading in Houston, Texas
- Bakner Manufacturing in Canton, Georgia
- Best Flowers in San Bruno, California
- BTR International, Inc. in New York, New York
- Charming Shark in Osprey, Florida
- Colony Brands in Monroe, Wisconsin
- Continental Foods Inc. in Cerritos, California
- Decotone Surfaces LLC in Garwood, New Jersey
- Eucatex North America in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Fusion Gourmet, Inc. in Rancho Dominguez, California
- International Dunnage in Thunderbolt, Georgia
- JBH Intertrade in Garden City, New York
- JSA, Inc. in Aventura, Florida
- Kirkland Associates, Ltd. in McMinnville, Oregon
- KOUBOO LLC in Laguna Beach, California
- Labo America inc. in Fremont, California
- Marta Howell Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Metal Marketplace International in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Novita in Monrovia, California
- Samick Music Corp. in Gallatin, Tennessee
- South Florida Gold in Miami, Florida
- Summit Specialty International in Alpharetta, Georgia
- Venture Lighting International, Inc. in Twinsburg, Ohio