The 2017 GSP Supporter List went live earlier this week, and already 10 new companies – listed below – have signed on. (If you import under GSP and don’t see your organization here, please take a moment to add it here.)
The companies are based in 9 different states and all small businesses. In fact, all have 40 or fewer employees and the typical one has 15 workers.
None of the companies reported eye-popping GSP savings – generally $50,000 or less in 2016 – but those savings are significant for small businesses like dZi Handmade. dZi has 10 employees and saved about $20,000 last year on imports of jewelry, holiday and religious items, incense, wind chimes, and toys from India and Nepal.
Despite their small size, companies are generally both importers and exporters. For example, NOVICA imports from Brazil, Ghana, India, Indonesia, and Thailand under GSP while exporting from the United States to Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, and the UK. Collectively the new supporter list companies reported exporting to 16 countries, with Canada being the most common export destination.
The next potential GSP expiration is less than 9 months away. If you import under GSP, be sure to join our free GSP Supporter List so we can continue making the case for GSP renewal well in advance of the pending expiration date.
GSP Supporter List companies added the week of April 3, 2017:
- A Simpler Time Inc. in Morrisville, North Carolina
- dZi Handmade in Easthampton, Massachusetts
- Eppco Enterprises Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio
- Ganesh Himal Trading LLC in Spokane, Washington
- Mendelson & Associates, Inc. in Los Angeles, California
- MG Golf in Irving, Texas
- Nova Gas Technologies, Inc. in North Charleston, South Carolina
- NOVICA in Santa Monica, California
- S.N.K. Enterprises, Inc. in St. Louis, Missouri
- TopFlite Manufacturing in Miami, Florida